Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Beau's last day as an only child :(

As David and I prepare for our twins that are coming via c-section tomorrow.... I can't help but feel a little bad for my baby Beau ( who is not really a baby anymore). I feel like we should have given him more time to suck up the perks of being an only child. I am scared that he will feel left out. I wonder if I would feel this way if we were only expecting one more.
As Beau closes in on the age of 2... he is constantly testing my patience ( which I hope that most of that is my emotions from pregnancy). He tells me no and time outs are non-effective anymore in our house. He knows what buttons to push and knows that usually if Daddy isn't home he can get what he wants if he fights hard enough ( which I hope will change when I get my energy back) Yeah right huh? David says that Beau knows that I am a push-over.... Which I have to admit is true. We have tried really hard to get him interested in the potty. He does ok sometimes but then won't tell us he has to go until after he has gone. Same with the pacifier..... We were so close to being broken of it except for nap time and bed time... but somewhere along the way we lost all control of that. Now if we take one away he will come into the room with one that he has stashed away in a hiding spot! lol.
We are so grateful for being able to have children. And though we are not where we want to be in our lives as far as careers and where we live... We know that nothing can break the family that we have created. I love my husband, who at times is like having another child. We have been married 6 months today... and though we say it feels like much longer.... I wouldn't trade him for anybody!!!
Happy Holidays everyone!! We Love you all and hope to be back up that way before the holidays next year!

2 comments:

  1. V you will do absolutely great with all your kiddos and beau will always know that you love him and i know he wont feel left out! There is nothing better for a little one than to have siblings of their own! You are giving him an awesome gift...two best friends for life!! Take a breath and just start your journey!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I just saw this! Thank you so much Sar! I love you too! Can't wait to get back and help you get ready for your new little one!!

    ReplyDelete